Wednesday, December 23, 2015

To Our Staff Working on Christmas




First of all, “Thank you.”  Hospice care is a 24/7/365 operation.  Illness does not call a truce for the holidays.  It marches on.  Your commitment to patient care is one of most noble commitments known.  You have my admiration and deep respect.  To my Chaplain Colleagues, you who will be on call during the day will seek to bring comfort and peace to troubled families.  As I was driving to work this morning, I noticed 5 police vehicles at a residence.  What could be happening?  I doubt the people were having a breakfast for this group of officers.  You may be called to a death or another type of spiritual emergency.  I know you will provide what that family needs.  I have great confidence in you.  To all of my Colleagues who are working on Christmas, peace and best blessings. 

No comments: