Monday, November 10, 2014

Self-care: My own quest

It is rare that I will write something about myself, but I thought today would be a good day to do it. As you know, I am a huge believer in self-care. I try to keep it simple and understandable, but also, real. I've read and I'm sure you have read many articles about self-care that give complex and complicated directives about taking care of yourself. I prefer something a bit more simple: eat right, excercise, pray, worship with others at your faith community, get the rest you need, enjoy your relationships, take nothing and no one for granted, express appreciation, be positive, serve others. These are just a few priorities that keep my life centered. With that said, I want to share with you my ever present goal ... to run and finish my first, ever 5K. Cornerstone Hospice is hosting a Vets and Pets 5K Run/Walk on November 22. If you are interested in this event please visit: www.signmeup.co​m/100962 The fact is I've never run a 5K. I have been working up toward this and think I can get it done. What are you attempting that you've never done? Let's share our hopes and ambitions for self-care. It will make us better Chaplains!

No comments: